MOVING MANDALAS, MANDALA ANIMATIONS
Animated Mandalas Set to Music for Visual Meditation & Relaxation
Mandala Meditations are mandala animations set to music that can be used as a means of relaxing your body and your mind. These meditations are created with the belief that it only takes a few moments to consciously quiet your mind, relax your body, and begin reaping the benefits of meditation: being less bothered by stress, having greater mental clarity and focus, living more fully in the present, and more.
Mandala Meditations are perfect for all ages and levels of practice — from children, to beginners, to more advanced practitioners. For those with little meditation experience, these visual meditations can provide an easier segue into a meditation practice, as they are perhaps not as daunting as sitting in a silent room with your eyes closed wondering if you are "doing it the right way."
Suggestions for Using Moving Mandalas for Meditation
1. Make your room / space comfortable and free of disturbances — mute your phone, feed the cat, and notify family or roommates you'll be meditating. Grab a light blanket if you think you will need it.
2. If you know that you will be worrying during the meditation period, write down everything you need to do or want to remember before you begin. Include everything from taking out the trash, to making those phone calls, to scheduling appointments — anything that your mind will use as an excuse NOT to meditate. Write it all down — the list will be waiting for you once you've finished meditating.
3. Move into a comfortable position. Ideally, sit with a straight back either on the floor or in a firm chair.
4. Take a few deep breaths making a note of any tension you are holding in your body. Relax those areas as you exhale.
1. Select an animation from the list. You may either view the animation with the accompanying music or set the tv to mute if you would prefer silence.
2. Focus on the mandala and let go of all thought.
3. Whenever you notice you've gotten lost in your thoughts, gently return your focus to the animation.
4. Let go of the need to "do it right", focus on the mandala, breathe, and relax.
For the Latest News...
The latest news regarding Mandala Meditations is the release of my universal app available for the new Apple TV 4, the iPhone, and the iPad. Please visit my Mandala Meditations app page to find out more about it.
Animated Mandalas Without Music for Visual Meditation & Relaxation
Abiding: A Mandala Meditation. Continuously looping mandala animation without music. [ See full size. ]
Video Podcast on iTunes: Where it All Began
I first began creating these animations in Flash in 2006 (see animations below). This quickly transitioned into my Mandala Meditations video podcast on iTunes. There are more than 30 meditations in the archive on iTunes, which you may view by visiting and subscribing to my podcast: Mandala Meditations. Please note that the original animations were created when iPods first came out, and the screen size/resolution was quite low.
Reviews of My iTunes Podcast
"These are delightful watch them at work on break. Gets me far away and back on time." (Five Stars) — Red Elf on iTunes
"This is an awesome podcast. The animation in this is beautiful and incredible." (Five Stars) — Madameclaws on iTunes
"I adore this podcast. It's so captivating. Perfect quick fix for stressful days. It's just such a beautiful time. THANKS FOR DOING THESE!" (Five Stars) — AliGoddess on iTunes
"...They're beautiful and the music is quite relaxing. I usually can't listen to anything while I study, but I can put this on and study well. Thanks!" (Five Stars) — mestudent on iTunes
Earlier Mandala Animations
The following are my very first mandala animations, created primarily from 2006 - 2008. Click on the mandala animation you wish to view (you must have Flash Player).